MANA Foods 49 Baldwin Avenue, Paia
Open Every Day: 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Down to Earth 305 Dairy Rd, Kahului
Monday-Saturday: 6:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 am – 9:00 pm
(Deli Closes 1 hr. before the store closes)
Whole Foods 70 East Kaahumanu Avenue #B, Kahului
(located in the Maui Mall)
Open Every Day: 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Alive ‘n Well 340 Hana Hwy, Kahului
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hawaiian Moons Natural Foods 2411 South Kihei Road, Kihei
Open Every Day: 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Choice Health Bar 1087 Limahana Place, Lahaina
Monday-Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where is the best place to by groceries in Kihei?
One of the more frequent questions I get asked by my guests is, “Where to Grocery Shop on South Maui?” There are several options as you can imagine from CostCo and Whole Foods, to smaller chains and local shops, not too mention there are some grocery delivery services as well.
If you are staying in a vacation rental condo while on your visit to South Maui, it is a great idea to take a trip to Costco on the way in from the airport. This way, you can stock up on snacks for the beach, breakfast foods, fresh fruit and seafood, lunch meat, cheeses, drinks and even meat to grill at your vacation condo if you wish to stay in for dinner and soak up some time at your lanai.
Maui's Costco is rumored to be one of the highest volume stores in their chain (and the lines on the weekend back this up). If you are a member you can get some good deals on bulk items and their Poke is good! Perfect if you’re having a big party or plan to be on island for awhile. It’s located by the Airport and a good 1st stop on your way to Kihei. Drive Time to B 201 at Maui Kamaole: 25 minutes (15 miles).
One of the many great things about choosing a vacation condo is the convince and savings of cooking at home. Shopping and planning in advance can help save time and money as you enjoy beautiful Maui. Make sure to get something to grill while your here. There are BBQ's located next to our building at Maui Kamaole and a few at the lower pool for the guests and owners to enjoy.
Top Grocery Stores in South Maui
1. Safeway is a well known mainland chain carrying brand-name and house-label Kroger groceries, plus a deli, bakery and more. What I like about it is the layout is exactly like the store up the street from my mainland home making it really easy to get what I want quickly. It is located in the Piilani Village Shopping Center at 277 Piikea Ave, Kihei, HI 96753. Another plus is the fact Safeway is open 24 hours and has a pharmacy. Drive time from B 201 at Maui Kamaole: 15 minutes (4.5 miles).
2. Foodland in Kihei. Foodland is open from 5 am to 12 am daily and is located at 1881 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753. There are weekly specials and dedicated bakery, deli, meat and seafood departments. HINT: Sign up for their discount card: The Makika’i Card. My daughter used mine on her last visit and saved over $17 !! Drive time from B 201 at Maui Kamaole: 10 minutes (depends on South Kihei Road traffic) just 3 miles away.
Times Supermarket is a bargain brand store with some great prices. It's not a slick as Safeway but the prices are very good. This is my choice for staples. Open from 5am till 2 am. Located at 1310 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753. Drive time from B 201 at Maui Kamaole: 10 minutes (depends on South Kihei Road traffic) just 3.25 miles away.
My favorite is Hawaiian Moon Natural Food Store open from 8am - 9pm. Good variety of organic produce, local breads and most well known health brand products. I love the salad and hot dish bar. There is also a deli with smoothies made to order. Located in the heart of Kihei at 2411 S. Kihei Rd. Kihei Hi 96753 and walking distance from B 201 at Maui Kamaole.
For more snack and local foods, as well as souvenirs to take home, check out any ABC Store. They are located everywhere across the island. Very low priced tee-shirts and other tourist gifts.
We hope this is a helpful guide to grocery shopping on South Maui.
If the tropical sun wasn't relaxing enough:
Free Regular Events in Maui -
It amuses me till no end that there is a party every Friday night someplace in Maui.
Idea's for your "too burnt for the beach" days:
Chick on the links below for more info about each item
Aquarium – mostly indoors, with only a few outdoor exhibits
– Lahaina Cannery Mall is completely enclosed and offers free Hula Shows
– Queen Kaahumanu Shopping Center is Maui’s largest
– Shops at Wailea has covered walkways
– Hilo Hattie largest store of souvenirs and clothes
Wine Tasting and winery tour
Lahaina is an easy day of visiting art gallery's, shopping and dining. It has the largest Banyan tree in the USA and a harbor filled boats visiting from around the world.
Tour insides of the luxury resort hotel The Grand Wailea. This is possibly the finest hotel on the island. Visitors are welcome since they could be tomorrows guests.
Submarine ride since it's never raining underwater.
Dan's Greenhouse in Lahaina has exotic birds, plants and pot belly pigs. Unusual souvenirs to take home.
Snuggle up and read a book on your lanai from Barnes & Noble bookstore in Kahului
Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center in Upcountry
Watch channel 7 – Maui TV
Part time Maui resident sharing my Kihei condo with guests when I'm staying in my mainland home.